Last Updated: 3-30-2021
Who We Are
What Personal Information We Collect and Use
We process personal information in many ways related to our website and services, but primarily we collect information about you to provide you are products. The following is a list of the type of personal information we collect and a description for its use:
- Account Formation: When you create an account, we collect your full name (first and last), and email address. Your password is stored in a hashed format. We will send you a confirmation email to the email address you provide in order to confirm your account activation. You can delete any account you have with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact account deletion requests. For security purposes we will not process any deletion requests solely via email.
- Making a Purchase: When you purchase a product from us, we need some personal information in order to provide you with that product. We will ask you for your shipping name and address in order to send you your product. We ask you for a phone number in case we need to contact you about your order. You have the ability to add or edit your shipping address by logging into your account or you can choose to checkout as a guest. We also keep track of your order history, which you can see on your account page.
- SMS Sign Up: You have the option to sign up to receive texts from us about promotional and personalized marketing and text messages. You can opt-out from receiving marketing and promotional texts at any time by following the instructions in the text (usually by replying STOP).
- Payment Processing: In addition we partner with Shopify to process payments—We do not, ourselves, process or store your card information. Shopify will collect and use your information about you on our behalf to process your payment and ensure the security of our payment process. This may mean that your personal information is shared with a fraud detection services. Shopify will not use our customer’s information to independently market or advertise to our customers unless you are also using on of Shopify’s applications or service directly, nor will they “sell” your personal information (as the term is used in California law). You can learn more about how Shopify process your information on our behalf here.
- Third-Party Payment: The payment gateway on our website allows you to provide payments through various services providers, including Shopify Payments (Shop Pay), Google Pay, Amazon Pay and PayPal. In connection with the processing of such payments, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or any financial information such as credit card numbers. You may learn more about how those entities process your personal information by viewing their respective privacy policies.
- Customer Service Records: On occasion we may collect and process information about your customer service interactions with us. For example, if you return or exchange an item, we will process your personal information to facilitate that transaction and keep a record of it.
- Social Sharing Features: Our website offers social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you view our content on social media, and share actions your interactions with us with your friends or the public (depending on your social media settings). We do not control data collection when you visit third party sites, including social media sites, so please visit the privacy policies of the entities you visit to learn about their data collection practices.
- Your Activity on our Website: We automatically collect usage information about your use of our website, including the webpages visited, number of log-ins, data displayed or clicked on, actions taken, your language preference, and other login information. We may collect automated error reports or gather information about other operational issues which may contain some or all of the information in your account and content and may be reviewed to help resolve problems with the website or our business operations. We may also collect information about the website that referred you to our site.
- Device Information: We collect certain information about your device in order to provide the website to you in an optimal manner. For example, we collect your IP address, operating system version, device type, device ID/MAC address, system and performance information, and browser type. If you are on a mobile device we also collect the UUID for that device.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources like internet service providers, data brokers, social media companies, and identify verification providers.
Third Party Links and Content
You may encounter third party content, ads, or other materials that we do not control when you visit our website or access messages from us. In such cases, you will be given an opportunity to access other third-party websites that do not operate under this Policy. For example, if you click on an advertisement in our Services, you may be taken to a website that we do not control. These third-party websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you and, in some instances, provide us with information about your activities on those websites. We are not responsible for the practices of these third parties, and we recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit to review how they use information collected from you.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You can control the cookies placed on your site by using your web browser. You can use your web browser to directly block all cookies, or just third-party cookies, through your browser settings. Using your browser settings to block all cookies, including strictly necessary ones, may interfere with proper site operation. Guidance on how to control cookies in popular browsers is contained here:
- Microsoft Edge (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/search?query=enable%20cookies%20in%20edge)
- MacOS Safari (https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac)
- Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox)
- Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en)
- Adobe (Flash Cookies) (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html)
You can also find additional information on cookie controls and advertisement here:
- Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!%2F)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/)
- Google allows users to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting services. You can adjust your setting here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout), or download the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and participate in the opt-out programs established by the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. You can opt out from all participating companies through these sites. (Note-we do not actively market our products in the EU).
We may use third-party advertising companies to target advertisements to you on our website, across the web, on your mobile device, or on any of your other devices, based on the information we have collected from and about you, as well as information relating to your and other users' visits to this and other websites and online services. Our advertising partners may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including using pixel tags) or recognize an identifier associated with your mobile device. These companies use the information they collect via these cookies and combine it with information they receive from other sources to recognize you across the devices you use. If you would like more information about these practices, go to www.aboutads.info. To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
To learn about your choices in connection with these practices on the particular device on which you are accessing this policy, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices to opt out in desktop and mobile web browsers. You may download the AppChoices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in mobile apps.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the personal information we collect to:
- Operate and improve our website;
- Maintain your account and provide customer service;
- Process payment and ship you your purchases
- Send you advertising or promotional materials;
- Provide and deliver the content and materials you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide you with requested customer support;
- Monitor and evaluate trends, usage, and activities in connection with our website;
- Secure our systems, prevent fraud, and help us to protect the security of your account;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and to enforce our terms and policies;
- Personalize and improve the website, and provide content, communications, or features that match users interests; and
- Link or combine with other information we obtain from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
With Whom We Share Information
We may share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents, or contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing our website and sending the products to you. For example, we engage service providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security, payment processing, infrastructure and IT services, to customize, personalize, and optimize our website, to process payment transactions, to provide customer service, and to analyze and enhance data. While providing such services, these service providers may have access to your personal information.
- Other Users: Content that you create, upload, or copy into our website, may, if you choose, be read, copied, used, and distributed by people you know, your members, or people you don’t know. Information that you disclose using the chat function of the Sites may be read, copied, used, and distributed by people participating in the chat. Use care when including sensitive information, such as home addresses or phone numbers, in content you share or chat sessions.
- With Your Consent: We may share your personal information when we have your consent.
- With Advertisers. We may share personal information and non-personal information with advertisers and with the businesses with which we partner, some of which may be considered a "sale" under certain laws. If you click on an ad displayed on our website, or otherwise direct us to disclose information to third parties, we will do so. We may also share information (including personal information) about you to third parties for targeted advertising, research, licensing and/or marketing purposes.
Any third parties to whom we may disclose personal information may have their own privacy policies which describe how they use and disclose personal information. Those policies will govern use, handling and disclosure of your personal information once we have shared it with them.
Our website is for a general audience and are not directed to or intended for children under the age of 16. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 and if we become aware that we have, we will promptly delete such information from our servers.
Visiting Our Website from Outside the U.S.
We are a U.S.-based business offering products to primarily a U.S. market. Our ecommerce service provider, Shopify, hosts some or all of our website (and stores data collected through it) on its servers in Canada. You data may be shared with service provider or third parties located in countries other than the U.S. However, our website is controlled and operated by Kodlin USA from the United States and you expressly waive the application of any laws of any territory other than the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our Services, you understand and agree that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy, and the laws of the United States apply to the use, storage and disclosure of your information.
Changes and Updates